- מוצר המאפשר לחבר התקן בפרוטקול can bus דרך חיבור ה - usb
- תמיכה של canopen ע״י canfestival
- פרוטוקול saej1939 נתמך ע״י vscom דרך api j1939
- תמיכה במערכות הפעלה windows , linux, mac
- הגנה 16kv esd
- אפשרות תלייה על פס דין
USB-CAN Plus is an USB to CAN Bus 2.0A/B adapter. Higher layer protocols, such as CANopen, can be assembled using the available development tools for complex automation control applications. Its low power consumption (0.5W typical), its extended temperature range (−20°C - +70°C), and the solid MTBF (23 Years at 45°C) make it an ideal system for industrial automation. A small footprint metal case, available with a DIN-Rail mounting option, makes the device flexible and convenient to use.
USB-CAN Plus provides various software tools to interface each level of user applications:
- The ASCII conversion protocol is handy for developing and testing any CAN-BUS configuration. Users simply connect using the virtual COM port, setting up a straightforward way to talk to the CAN controller. The device can also be used to manually transmit and receive CAN frames.
- Applications programmed by users should use the VScan API library (DLL), which handles the communication and ASCII conversion for the CAN frames in a transparent manner. In their applications, programmers have to handle only the CAN frames and status information, without taking care of the ASCII conversion. The VScan API is supported in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, Delphi and LabVIEW. Under Linux SocketCAN can be used as alternative to the VScan API. All VScom CAN devices support the standard Serial Line CAN (slcan) driver.
- The USB-CAN Plus series also supports CANFestival, an Open Source CANopen Framework. CANopen is a CAN-based higher layer protocol that is used in various application areas to unburden the developer from dealing with CAN-specific details. CANopen provides standardised communication objects for real-time data, configuration data, as well as network management data.
- The SAE J1939 protocol, resting upon the CAN hardware layer, is commonly used in the commercial vehicle area. A lot of other modern protocols are based on it, like NME200, ISOBUS, MilCAN or FMS. Vscom’s J1939 API also includes support for the so called Transport Protocol, which will bypass the limit of 8 data bytes per message. It's available on J1939-enabled devices. Supports Windows, Linux, .NET
ESD protection and electrical Isolation
For usage in hazardous industrial environments, the CAN-Bus interface and USB port are ±16kV (air) and ±8kV (contact) ESD surge protected. Because noisy CAN-Bus connections with unbalanced ground loops could seriously damage the equipment, an ISO version is available and offers 2.5kV electrical isolation.